Friday, November 21

Like Never Before

More things we like

In the book my husband and I used to help us plan our wedding, I found "I Will Always Love You" listed among the most popular songs for the bride and groom's first dance. Bad choice, folks: it's a breakup song.

Meanwhile, I sorta wonder about the fourth song on our lullaby mix, "Songbird." It's in the mix because of the tender, cascading "I love you, I love you, I love you" in the refrain. However, it's also from Rumours, Fleetwood Mac's classic album of songs about breakup and betrayal. Am I mistaken about the meaning of this song? What, exactly, does it mean that the songbirds "keep singing / Like they know the score"?

1 comment:

Little Miss Gift said...

You are too funny. "Songbird" was a contestant for our first dance. I hope one day you will share your entire lullaby album with me and that I will be able to put it to good use - it sounds sublime. love, Andrea